Shelvon Sessoms AKA “Shellz Da Kid” is from Ahoskie, NC. Shellz grew up with his mom and 2 sisters. He is married and a father of two wonderful boys. He serves as a worship leader/Youth Leader at his local church LifeLine Christian Community Church located in Aulander NC where the pastor is Pastor Ronald Eley. Shellz is a vocalist in the contemporary Christian music group “So Much More” from Ahoskie Nc. This music group is widely known for their charisma and energy and have also won a gospel award from the one and only Shirley Ceaser.
Shelvon has recently released an album Entitled “I Messed Up”.“I Messed Up” is about a young man by the name of Desmond, who has never really been in any type of trouble until one day while hanging out with friends, he is arrested and processed in jail. While locked up, Desmond is attacked mentally and emotionally. While in such a life-changing position in his life, his little brother tells him about Jesus over the phone. “I Messed Up” can be found on all online streaming services. Shelvon is currently in preparation to go on tour following the release of his album.
First, thank you for your time with us. We do appreciate it.
1. Who is Shellz da Kid? (Outside of what is in your bio)First off thanks for this awesome opportunity! Shellz Da Kid is just a humble artist..from a small town trynna spread REAL Love and positivity and doing things a little different haha lol.
2. What inspired you to get started in music?
Kanye..not just his lyrics in the song but his entire creative mind when orchestrates music
3. Where does the title “I messed up” come from and why that title?
The title “I Messed Up” came from the thought of accountability..knowing when you can look someone in the face and say “I went too far”. I thought that title went great with the story of the album.
4. How long did it take you to put this project together?
About 9 months for real.
5. Who are some of your influences for this project?
Of course YE, Joyner Lucas, and Andy Mineo.
6. What is your favorite song on this project and why?
It has to be “CLYL”(couldn’t leave you lonely) creativity wise..because of things that were added in that normal listeners would probably miss.
7. Where can people purchase or listen to your music?
iTunes, AppleMusic, Spotify, Tidal… ya know hahaha lol.
8. What can people expect from your project?
People can expect Hope!
9. Where can people go to stay connected with you?
My IG @ShellzDaKid.
10. Who is on your playlist right now?
Hahahahah another good one lol DreamVille, Chance The Rapper, Ty Dolla Sign, Rapsody, YBN Cordae lol he’s dope hahaha.
11. Any shout out’s that you want to make?
Yes to be brief..first my Wife and kids man..my awesome pastor Ronald Eley and LifeLine church family..my Engineer Jermaine Artis, The Entire So Much More Family, Carolina Jerz, Jreal, Jvon Buche, Kedrien lol and to the late Quan Foreman..thanks for everything bro! We got it from here Love ya bro! #FOREMANSTRONG #LLQ
Thank you again. We look forward to following your journey to greatness.
For more information or bookings: Imesseduptour@yahoo.com