Balancing Work and Parenting
It is common for parents to feel pulled in two directions: the need to support their family and the instinctive need to care for their family. When these two ideas are causing conflict, it’s time to re-evaluate. There are things you can do to better juggle all of your responsibilities.
- Plan ahead when it comes to important deadlines, meetings at work, your child’s schedule, etc.
- Use your calendar
- Be flexible when something has to change to avoid stress.
2. SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR CHILD:
- When you get home from work, leave work behind. Your family deserves your complete attention and you deserve time away from work.
- Relax together.
- Turn off the TV and your mobile devices and discuss your day.
3. STRENGTHEN BONDS THROUGH RITUALS:
- Routines and patterns provide security for your child and can reduce stress.
- Make child-friendly meals and sit down to eat together.
- Read with your child.
- Do something special for your child like taking an occasional day off and doing something together. Work is important but what’s even more important; is finding a balance for everyday life and family.